Family of the Month Contest - Official Rules
1. Who May Enter: WillowandFern.com’s Family of the Month Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18. Employees of Willow and Fern Co. (“Sponsor”), its parent, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. Contest Period: Contest entry period begins on the first calendar day of each month and ends at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on the last calendar day of the same month (the “Contest Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Contest Period.
3. How to Enter: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by visiting WillowandFern.com and accurately completing and submitting an online entry form, following the on-screen instructions. Limit one entry per household.
4. Selection of Contest Winners; Odds: This photography Contest consists of Willow and Fern Co. (the “Judge”) selecting a photograph of a family wearing Willow and Fern apparel, on the basis of creativity, originality and clarity (the “Judging Criteria”). The winner is selected by the Judge from all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email within five (5) calendar days after the Contest Period. Decisions of the Judge and Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final. Odds of the Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Prizes: The winner will have the option to pick one of the following: (1) a $50 Willow and Fern gift card or (2) a $50 donation to a charity of the winner’s choice. If the winner selects the donation, the winner must select the charity within five (5) days. The winner will also be featured as the “Family on the Month” on WillowandFern.com.
6. Limited License Grant: By submitting any photograph or information to Sponsor, you hereby grant to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns an irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photograph or other information on WillowandFern.com, Willow and Fern catalogue, social media, and any other medium. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Sponsor include but are not limited to the right to resize, crop, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photograph.
7. Photography Contest Additional Rules: The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria. Each submitted photograph must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, covenants and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud in the sole opinion of Sponsor; provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form. The photograph must not, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judge and Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified. If the photograph includes other people, you represent and warrant you have authorization to use and enter the photograph. The winner may be required to provide personal releases upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor. If the photograph contains minor(s), the winner represents that they are the parent of legal guardian of the minor(s) and have the authority to authorize Sponsor to use their photographs and names and release Sponsor from any expectation of privacy for the minor(s). If any person appearing in any photograph is a minor in their state of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. If you win, we will contact you only if personal releases are needed.
8. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest winner’s name (and it’s family name)(collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner.
10. Participants’ Obligations: By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release and hold Sponsor and their agents and affiliates and parent, harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Contest (including any other people displayed in the winning photograph) or receipt of the prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder will be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes will be in the courts of the County of Los Angeles, California, and the federal Central District Court of California.
11. Winner’s List: For a list of the Contest winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Willow and Fern Co., Attn: Winner’s List, [Insert address]. Requests for a winner’s list must be received within 30 days after the end of the Contest Period.
12. Sponsor: Willow and Fern Co.
Revised: June 1, 2015